We believe that there is one and only one God (Duet. 6:4; 1 Cor. 8:4): living (Duet. 32:39-40), true (Ex. 34:6) and perfect (Matt. 5:48).
He reveals Himself as an infinite, incomprehensible, self-sufficient, eternal, and immutable Personal-Being (Ex. 3:14, Ps. 45:6).
- Holy (Ps. 22:3; 1 Pet. 1:16)
- Omnipotent (Gen. 17:1, 18:14; Job 42:2; Luke 1:37)
- Omniscient (Ps. 94:11, 139:2; Pr. 5:21)
- Omnipresent (Gen. 28:16; Ex. 3:5)
- The Creator and Sustainer of everything which exists (Rev. 1:8)
- The only One worthy of glory and worship (Ex. 20:2-7; Mt. 4:10; Rom. 16:27)
We believe that God is Triune: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Gen.1:1-2; Lk 3:21-22; Heb. 1:1-2; Rev. 3:22).
Each Person of the Trinity possesses the full totality of Divine attributes. The Triune God in His essence and characteristics is equal and undivided, so that the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God—not, however, three gods—but One God (John 10:30, 14:26).
We believe that God the Father is uncreated, is without beginning, is not begotten, and is the One through whom all things began to exist (John 1:1-4). He is holy (1 Pet. 1:16), good (Mt. 19:17), and just (Ps. 7:11, 71:19; Rev. 3:19).
God is the Father of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (Mt. 3:17, 17:5).
We believe that God the Son is uncreated, but is the only begotten “who is in the bosom of the Father” (John 1:18). He is one essence with the Father and possesses all the attributes of God. In order to save people He was incarnated and became a man (Phil. 2:7), without losing His Divine nature. He became truly human, in whom the Divine and human natures were perfectly united (unmixed, unchanged and undivided). In this way, Jesus Christ is truly God (1 Jh. 5:20) and truly man (Rom. 5:15; 1 Tim. 2:5).
- was immaculately conceived by the Holy Spirit (Mt. 1:20; Luk 1:35)
- was physically born of the virgin Mary (Mt. 1:21; Luk 2:7)
- lived a perfect, sinless life (1 Pet. 2:22; Heb. 4:15)
- died on the cross for the sins of mankind (Mt. 27:50; Rom. 8:34)
- rose from the dead (Mt. 28:5-6; Acts 1:3)
- ascended and sat down at the right hand of the Father (Mk. 16:19; Acts 1:9)
- the sole advocate and mediator between God and man (Rom. 8:34; 1 Tim. 2:5)
- will come again in power and glory (Acts 1:10-11; Jh 14:1-3).
We believe that God the Holy Spirit is uncreated, but proceeded from the Father through the Son (Jn.15:26). He is equal to the Father and the Son and possesses all the attributes of God.
The Holy Spirit:
- is the One who inspired Holy Scripture (2 Pet. 1:21)
- took part in the act of creation (Gen. 1:2), the salvation of mankind (Heb. 3:7), and the building of the Church (Eph. 2:22)
- glorifies Christ (Jh 16:14)
- convicts of sin (Jh 16:8)
- regenerates a person (Jh 3:5-7)
- guides on the path of sanctification (Jh 16:13)
We believe that the Divine Trinity—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—took part in the creation of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible, and also of mankind itself.
We believe that the Divine Trinity takes part in the creation of the new heaven and the new earth, where truth resides, and of a new humanity to live in them (2 Pet. 2:13)
- Jesus Christ—forgives the sinner (Gal. 4:4)
- The Father—accepts [them] as sons and daughters (Gal. 4:5)
- The Holy Spirit—fills, sanctifies, and makes them heirs (Gal. 4:6-7)